- Over 880M people lack access to safe drinking water
- $30B spent annually on water/sanitation development
- Teaching solar water disinfection is challenging
Solar disinfection (SODIS) could be the lowest-cost household water treatment method, requiring only PET bottles and sunlight. However, it’s not possible to tell when the process is done.
- Our monitor measures sunlight and shows the user when the water is disinfected
- Runs on solar power, will last for at least 5 years
- Costs less than $5 in large volumes
- Currently in 3rd design iteration, optimizing for usability and low cost
- Next step is field testing with partner organization
- Then contract manufacturing for international aid organizations
We are currently seeking funding and partners with in-country resources for field testing. Please contact us at email@example.com.